Our blackout fabric curtains are made of a synthetic fiber (100% polyester) recognized for its effectiveness in protecting from light and insulating from cold and heat.
Indeed, the blackout is ideal for making a quality thermal curtain preventing light from being exposed, ideally to be used for bedrooms. At the same time, this thermal insulating curtain fabric reduces temperature exchanges (hot or cold). You can choose from a choice of finishes in order to be able to adapt it to all types of fixations.
The Curtain can be made to your measurements and are sold individually.
This blackout fabric, used for these curtains, is also available by the meter in our “fabric by the meter” section.
*Please note: Custom size Linen curtains cannot be returned.
Please note: Curtains ordered with metal grommets are not eligible for a return or exchange. if you select this option, consider to add 3 cm to the lenght of your curtain corresponding to the distance between the inner top of the grommet to the top seam of the curtain.
*We don't accept orders for curtains below 100 cm width.
Depending on the width of your rod:
- When you have measured the width of your rod, multiply by a minimum of 1.5 or by 2 to have a nice S fold effect with your curtain.
- You can choose to have two curtains or just one depending on the distance you have planned on the side of your windows.
- For example, for a window of 2 meters wide, purchase 2 panels of 1.50 m wide or 2 m wide or 1 single panel 4 m wide.
Depending on the height of your window:
- Confirm the length of your curtains by measuring the size from the top of your rod to the floor, or from the top of your rod to the edge of your window or radiator.
- If you opt for curtains with a blackout lining, it is important that your curtain extends generously in height and width from your window frame.
- We draw your attention to the fact that we place the blackout lining 5 cm shorter than the linen panel to prevent it from exceeding its weight, twice as much as linen.
- The blackout lining is sewn on the top and on both sides of the curtain to allow the fluidity of the linen panel to flow freely.
- If you choose to fix your curtains with metal eyelets, allow 3 cm more in height, corresponding to the distance between the inside of the eyelet (4 cm in diameter) and the upper edge of the curtains.
Caring for linen items is rather simple and straightforward. Here are some basic rules you may follow to make the most of your linen articles.
If you wash by hand:
- Take a small bucket or use a sink with lukewarm water and add a teaspoon of mild detergent.
- Immerse the linen item into your container and let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir gently the item around. Do not twist the fabric because it may stretch the fabric.
- Empty the soapy water and rinse a couple of times until all the soap residue is totally gone. Hang your item to dry.
If you machine wash your linen:
- Avoid mixing white, dark and coloured items. It is advised to turn your linen inside out and wash separately from other fabrics. Do not overload the machine.
- To be energy efficient and to preserve the life span of your linen, wash it in lukewarm water only. Excessive temperature may cause a shrinkage of over 5%, which could be a serious issue for items such as bed skirts or curtains.
- Use only mild detergent formulated for delicate fabrics.
- Do not use bleach.
- Never pour detergent directly on dry linen as that may stain the fabric. Always dilute the detergent before putting it into your machine.
- Avoid electric dryers or use at a low or medium setting to avoid damaging the linen fabric and getting excessive shrinkage.
- If you can hang dry your linen, the wind and the sun will do a better job.
We ship to the UK and the rest of Europe from Lisbon/Portugal
We ship items from our workshop to the UK and the rest of Europe. VAT and all taxes are included in our store prices ( for EC countries only). UK Brexit regulations apply for shipments to UK.
Please contact us if your country is not included in the list to assist you further with the delivery to your country. At Linenshed, we will make everything possible.
All our products are custom tailored upon receiving the order. Allow 5 to 8 business days for completion.
We dispatch your order as soon as it is finished in production and you will receive a tracking number via email.
For the UK and rest of Europe:
Parcels are shipped via DHL Express 1-2 days or DPD Parcel, 5 to 8 working days in average.
Please note that Linenshed doesn’t deliver to P.O Box Address.
Our shipping fees are based on the weight of your order, packaging, courier and handling fees.
For refused shipments, Linenshed will not refund any shipping charge.
Should i pay taxes at receipt of the parcel in UK?
All taxes are included in our pricing.
What is your shipping schedule?
We are shipping everyday from Portugal to the rest of Europe.How long does it take to have my order shipped?
Most of the orders are processed and ready to ship within 8 to 12 days. Once your parcel has been dispatched, you will receive a confirmation of the Tracking number by email within the next day.How long does it take to receive my parcel?
For UK we are shipping all parcels within 5-8 working days.Does Linenshed ship worldwide?
Linenshed is already shipping to more than 30 countries worldwide but in case you are living in a country that is not listed on our website, please contact us and we will do our best to deliver your order after we have opened the service for your destination.How much should I pay for my shipment?
Once you have kept items into the cart, you can instantly know the courier cost for your parcel. Just click on “Edit Cart” and fill your destination into our “Shipping Estimate” window featured at the bottom of the cart page.
Return & ExchangeWhat is Linenshed Return Policy?
Not satisfied with your purchase? Our customer service team is at your service to help you to process your request for return!
Please initiate your request using the "submit a return" option located at the foot of the homepage and follow the instructions.
Items from Home Wear and Casual Wear collection, Custom Sized items, fabric by the meter, Quilted bedspreads, and selected items (please see the article description) are not eligible for return as they are custom made as per your size and color. Only in the case of evident defect shown on the product, we will accept your return. Please send photos prior to receiving our acceptance for return.My Package was damage at receipt, should I refuse delivery?
If your packaging is damaged at reception, please don’t accept the delivery as Linenshed won’t take any liability for any damage caused to the products. Please claim immediately in the presence of the courier officer, take pictures in their presence and send us an email to report it. Accepting a damaged package and signing for good receipt means you approved the package to be received in a good state.My product shows some defect, what should I do?
LINENSHED team and our seamstresses are fully committed to providing the highest quality bedding and clothing ever. However, if you find a fault in our product, or the product is not conformed to the order, the product will be refunded or exchanged. Any claim, supported by photos should be introduced within 24 hours. Please don’t open a dispute by Paypal or give negative feedback prior that our customer service could find an amicable solution with you. Linenshed will decide whether you need to return the product to evaluate the defect. A slight difference in color is not considered as a defect, returns won’t be accepted for such reason.
OrderHow do I pay my order?
Our store offers Paypal and all major credit cards as payment method to settle down your purchase, we don’t accept bank transfer or cheque.
By using Paypal, you can either debit your own Paypal account or pay without being a Paypal member with a debit or credit card.Are my data protected when I checkout?
We are working with third-party payment gateway and we have therefore no direct access to private information related to the payment transactions.
Apart from that, any information we collect in relation with your order is kept strictly secured. Linenshed won’t share with third parties or use this information for any purpose without your consent under any circumstances.Where can I keep special instructions on my order?
If you wish to keep a note about your cart/order, you need to select “Edit Cart” prior to checking out. One “Special Instructions” window is featured on the cart page where you can draft your request.
ProductAre you using various types of weight, thread count or linen quality in your collection?
All our bedding and clothing items are made from the same highest quality French linen featuring the same weight ( 185gsm / 5.50oz sq yd), thread count and feel.
Does the linen fabric shrinks?
Yes, as all natural material the linen material may shrink up to 3 % during the first washing cycles.How should I care for my linens?
All our linen products are machine washable and come with a care label with washing instructions. Please visit our page for full care instructions.What should I pay attention while ordering a fitted sheet?
The size of your mattress is the size to take into consideration to order a fitted sheet, measure carefully your mattress if you are not sure about its size, and check whether you need to get the additional deep pocket option from our dropdown menu. Our Standard size is 15" / 38 cm.What if I want a different size or color to what is listed in your shop?
If you are requiring custom size for a duvet cover, flat sheet, fitted sheet or bed skirt which is not listed, you can select the closest size listed and mention the size you need into "Special Instructions" after you have selected "Edit Cart" and we will custom make your item accordingly. If you wish to have your own color combination for a Duvet cover or some loungewear, just indicate your choice of colors and we will make it at no extra charge.